Monday, November 21, 2011

Tech Diary

In this blog entry I will lay out and analyze my own personal use of technology for the day of November 1st 2011:

Ipod: used 3 times for a total of 2 hours
Computer/Internet: used 3 times for a total of 2 and a half hours
TV: used 1 time for a total of 90 minutes
Cell Phone: used 15 times for a total of 3 hours (texting, calls, internet)

In all honesty, these numbers were not nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be. An explanation for that would be that on this particular day (and most Tuesdays) I am usually on the move so much that I don't have time to sit in front of the TV and use other technologies for hours. Even though these numbers are lower than usual, they are still pretty high and, frankly, hard for me to look at. I really didn't realize how much I (people) rely on technology until I looked at my own numbers staring me in the face. Seeing how these numbers are admittedly conservative, I would consider myself a super communicator because my usual use of these technologies is much greater and I can only assume that my numbers would be comparable to people around my age and younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment